international social work (ISW)
International Social Work is a scholarly refereed journal designed to extend knowledge and promote international exchange in the fields of social work, social welfare and community development. It is the official journal of the International Association of Schools of Social Work (IASSW), the International Council on Social Welfare (ICSW) and the International Federation of Social Workers (IFSW).
The major focus of International Social Work is on the interaction between processes of globalisation and the development of social welfare at national level, as well as social work and community development locally. It aims to examine the meaning of international social work in practice and theory, and to explore how those concerned with social work and community development can engage with international issues. In addition, the journal aims to promote dissemination of material from cross-national research.
Periodically, special issues of International Social Work focus on specific topics or regions. Special Issues in 2008/9 include ones with a focus on Africa; on Poverty; on 'History of international social work'; and on Social Work and Health.
News & Views
- 2018 - 614: Environmental justice: A call for action for social workers (75 KB)
- 2018 - 613: Promoting social protection for all (78 KB)
- 2016 - 594: Human dignity and social protection: International Council on Social Welfare (ICSW) approach (378 KB)
- 2016 - 593: A landmark Paris accord on climate change: A comment (340 KB)
- 2015 - 583: On the road to the Joint World Conference, 2016 (335 KB)
- 2014 - 576: Intergovernmental cooperation on ageing issues (325 KB)
- 2014 - 573: The Global Coalition for the Social Protection Floors (320 KB)
- 2013 - 566: Civil society and national dialogue (663 KB)
- 2013 - 563: IASSW, ICSW and IFSW establish Global Agenda Observatory (278 KB)