COVID-19 crisis: Social Protection and other matters
by Florian Juergens, Income Advisor | HelpAge International
To provide a platform for an engaging and interactive conversation between African Governments, civil society organizations, and people affected by COVID-19 on how to address critical social protection gaps exposed by the pandemic and progress towards inclusive and rights-based social protection, the African Union (AU), the African Social Protection Platform (APSP), HelpAge International, Women in Informal Employment: Globalizing and Organizing (WIEGO), Save the Children, theFriedrich Ebert Stiftung (FES) – Zambia, and theILO Regional Office for Eastern and Southern Africa are organizing a virtual dialogue made up of three connected webinars.
The conversation will revolve around the VOICES of affected populations, the ACTIONS of Governments to expand social protection during COVID-19, and Africa’s VISIONS for social protection as part of an inclusive recovery.
- Link to the dialogue’s website: https://socialprotection.org/webinar-series#african-dialogue-on-covid-19-and-the-future-of-social-protection
- Find more information on the topics, sessions and confirmed speakers.
- On the website you can sign up for individual sessions or the entire dialogue in a few clicks.
- Link to session 1 on the VOICES of Africans affected by the COVID-19 crisis: Experiences on the impacts of COVID-19 on the incomes, livelihoods and wellbeing: https://socialprotection.org/voices-africans-affected-covid-19-crisis-experiences-impacts-covid-19-incomes-livelihoods-and
- 1 June, 2021 - 14:00 GMT+3
- Link to session 2 on the ACTIONS of African governments to expand social protection during COVID-19: https://socialprotection.org/actions-african-governments-expand-social-protection-during-covid-19
- 8 June, 2021 - 14:00 GMT+3
- Link to session 2 on Africa’s VISION to expand social protection and build forward better from COVID-19: https://socialprotection.org/africa%E2%80%99s-vision-expand-social-protection-and-build-forward-better-covid-19
- 15 June, 2021 - 14:00 GMT+3
We hope that many of you will be able to attend all or some sessions of this dialogue. Please share this post and/or the included links widely in your networks and on social media!