ICSW's principal form of advocacy has been to present oral and written submissions to governments and intergovernmental institutions. ICSW has produced policy papers, research and information on social policy issues of special relevance to different parts of the world. Presenting clear and concise policy statements on behalf of ICSW members and other CSOs and advocating specific implementation action is a vital component of ICSW's strategy and this page highlights a number of publications and reviews that ICSW has been engaged in.
Global Social Policy Journal (GSP)
ICSW supports the Global Social Policy Journal. In particular, ICSW sponsors a section called "Southern Voices" as part of the "GSP Digest". A new "GSP Digest" can be found in 'What's NEW?'.
- Global Social Policy Journal (GSP)
- Global Social Policy Digest
International Social Work (ISW)
International Social Work is a scholarly refereed journal designed to extend knowledge and promote international exchange in the fields of social work, social welfare and community development. It is the official journal of the International Association of Schools of Social Work (IASSW), the International Council on Social Welfare (ICSW) and the International Federation of Social Workers (IFSW).
"News and Views from ICSW" is published in the journal twice a year.
ICSW Global Newsletter
ICSW Global Newsletter called Global Cooperation is posted each month. It gives our network up to date information on ICSW's work at global, regional and local levels as well as international events. Readers appreciate learning how to better connect and cooperate to promote social development.
In the ICSW structure we have nine geographic regions headed by a regional president. The members in the different regions are furnished with a newsletter. This page takes you to newsletters from the different ICSW regions.
The directions for ICSW for the period 2016 to 2020 are set out in the ICSW four year global programme. In June 2016 the General Assembly of ICSW at the meeting in Seoul, Republic of Korea approved this strategic focus for ICSW.
The ICSW annual report reflects on achievements in global and regional programmes and activities.
The evaluation of the current ICSW Global Programme 2012-2016 has been undertaken in stages, first by the Management Committee and the Board at the annual meeting in Dublin in January 2016, and second, at the General Assembly meeting 2016 after thorough preceding discussion with member organizations. The conclusions of the above are as follows:
- The Global Programme 2012-2016 has been an important policy document, clearly presenting the core ICSW objectives and functions;
- The above Programme provided guideposts to the member organizations and facilitated the work of ICSW on the reduction of hardship, vulnerability, insecurity and injustice;
- Adopting its new Global Programme for 2016-2020 the ICSW should take into consideration the new global economic and policy landscape, international efforts to achieve sustainable and inclusive growth and end poverty; the ICSW should continue its efforts to act as a connector, convener and knowledge broker, binding together issues and regions, and mobilizing partners along shared priorities that will shape progressive social and economic policies across the global village.